Background

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Goodreads: Summer Me Time


   This summer I decided that I would not waste my free time away watching TV and playing on Facebook all day. I vowed to get some good reading in. I am proud to say I have done an okay job of getting some reading done so far. I have joined a website called Goodreads where I can keep track of all the books I have read, I want to read, and read reviews from others about books. If you would like to see my shelves follow me here at Goodreads.

   I have decided that I will be reading my books and giving you my readers my reviews once a month. So far this summer I have finished 4 different books. 

1. Water for Elephants 
    This was a great book. I loved the character of the old man because it reminded me of my great grandfather. If you like a really good love story this is the book for you. On a side note, the movie based from the book is the closest movie to a book that I have ever seen. I feel they did a really great job with it. 



2. Heaven is For Real
   This book is one that will force you to stop and think. Can a small boy really be a modern day prophet? Did he really go to Heaven and be sent back? There is a lot of evidence in this book that points to yes. It was a super fast read and really made me feel good. I highly recommend it.



3. Teach Like Your Hair is On Fire
   I wanted to read a book that would help me professionally while I was at a Professional Development opportunity this June. I was there for a whole week so I had plenty of time to myself to get in some good reading. This book was bought from our school's bookfair this year by a student of mine. He gave it to me as a gift. I absolutely loved it! Rafe gives you so many ideas on how to hook today's youth. He does an excellent job as a teacher. I want to reach my students in the same way that he reaches his. I cannot wait for this school year to start so I can implement the many ideas I have gathered this summer. 



4. Lover Eternal


    Now, if you are into the supernatural vampire reads I totally suggest this one for you. Thanks to Amy at www.secretaryofsteak.com I have been introduced to these beauties! I consider this series of books to be the "Adult Twilight" Each one is based on a different brother in the "Black Dagger Brotherhood".  It took me a while to get into the first book of the series, but once I did I was hooked.  This is the second of the series and features Rhage and Mary. This one has been a very fast read for me. I took it to Mexico with me and I almost have it done. I can't wait to read the next one!


Tune in next month to see what books I can get you hooked on!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment