Background

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Road Trip!

This would have been a lot neater shot if my mirror was clean, but lets just say we got a "little" water on the way to Hot Springs...

Road trips...the glorious time in summer when you experience the wide open road with friends and family. Sometimes you have a set plan and schedule, and sometimes it gets thrown to the wind because of torrential downpours. 
My best friend Katie and I took my little boy Jase to Hot Springs, Arkansas to visit his Gran and Papa. We were all set to go!
All was well for the first hour or so of the trip...the the heavens opened up and unleashed their fury. It was raining so hard you could hardly see the front of the car, and what should have been a 6 hour trip ended up taking more like 8. Which was fine for the first 4 hours because this backseat driver was OUT!
He was actually a VERY good little boy. I can't believe he didn't pitch a fit the whole way...8 hours is a long time to be in a car seat.
I was enjoying the view...
and the company...
and the tunes...
 The beautiful scenery we experienced will not soon be forgotten.
Neither will the excitement of this little boy who was so happy to get out!

More from our trip to Hot Springs coming later this week!! Please leave a comment...send me some love...or hate...whatever moves you! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment